The Local Youth Club Grant Scheme (LYCGS) supports volunteer-led youth club/group activities by providing grant aid towards the costs of running local clubs and groups. Funding for the Scheme is provided by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) and is part funded by proceeds of the National Lottery. It is administered locally by LWETB.
To be eligible for funding from the Local Youth Club Grant Scheme, the club/group must satisfy the following criteria:
• It must be volunteer-led and it must be based on the voluntary participation of young people.
• 75% of the club/group members must be between the ages of 10 and 21.
• It must be able to clearly outline the benefits of club/group membership for young people who participate in its programmes.
• The club/group must adhere to the requirements set out in Section 2 of the Application Form.
• The club/group must be fully compliant with all requirements set out in the Children First Act (2015).
• All adult volunteers working with young people must have been Garda vetted before they start volunteering.
• Appropriate insurance cover must be in place.
• Volunteers must have access to a first aid kit and must be able to use it correctly.
• The club/group must have a Health and Safety Statement, Policy or Procedures. (Note: this applies to clubs/groups that own premises. Clubs/groups that do not own premises must confirm that they have seen and operate to the building’s Health and Safety Policy.)
Information on all aspects of the three NQSVlYG Standards must be included in your Application Form. Clubs that were in receipt of Local Youth Club Grant Scheme funding in 2018 must complete the Club Report Form in Appendix 4, and return it along with their application.
Clubs/groups whose primary focus is sport are not eligible to receive funding under the Scheme.
The maximum grant that can be awarded to any club/group is €3,000.
Further information on the Scheme is included in the Guidance Note here.
The closing date for receipt of fully completed application forms by LWETB is 12 noon, Friday 29th March 2019.
Late applications will not be considered.
Applications should be sent to:
Youth Services Unit
Longford and Westmeath ETB
Marlinstown Business Park,