The Local Youth Club Grant Scheme (LYCGS) supports volunteer-led youth club/group activities at a local level. The Scheme, which provides grant aid towards the costs of running clubs/groups is part-funded by the proceeds of the National Lottery. Funding for the Scheme is provided by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) and is administered locally by LWETB on behalf of DCYA. To be eligible for funding from the Local Youth Club Grant Scheme, the club/group must satisfy the following criteria:
- It must be volunteer led and it must be based on the voluntary participation of young people.
- 75% of the club/group members must be under the age of 21.
- It must be able to clearly outline the benefits of club/group membership for young people who participate in its programmes.
- The club/group must adhere to the requirements set out in Section 2 of the Application Form.
- The club/group must have a nominated designated liaison person (DLP) for child protection.
- The club/group must have written procedures setting out child protection arrangements which are adapted to the nature of the organisation’s contact with children and which comply with the requirements outlined in Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (DCYA, 2011).
- All adult volunteers working with young people must have been Garda vetted before they start volunteering.
- Appropriate insurance cover must be in place.
- Volunteers must have access to a first aid kit and must be able to use it correctly.
- The club/group must have a Health and Safety statement, policy or procedures. (Note: this applies to clubs/groups that own premises. Clubs/groups that do not own premises must confirm that they have seen and operate to the building’s Health and Safety Policy.)
- Information on all aspects of the three NQSVlYG Standards must be included in your Application Form response.
Please note that clubs/groups whose primary focus is sport are not eligible to receive funding under the terms of this scheme.
Applications for the 2017 scheme are now closed (closing date was 26th May 2017)
Longford and Westmeath ETB
Marlinstown Business Park
Tel: 044 9394019 / 086 3839451