To be eligible for funding from the Local Youth Club Equipment Scheme, the club/group must satisfy the following criteria:
• It must be volunteer led and it must be based on the voluntary participation of young people.
• 75% of the club/group members must be between the ages of 10 and 21.
• It must be able to clearly outline the benefits of club/group membership for young people who participate in its programmes.
• The club/group must have a nominated designated liaison person (DLP) for child protection.
• The club/group must have written procedures setting out child protection arrangements which are adapted to the nature of the organisation’s contact with children and which comply with the requirements outlined in Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (DCYA, 2011).
• All adult volunteers working with young people must be Garda vetted before they start volunteering.
• Appropriate insurance cover must be in place.
• Volunteers must have access to a first aid kit and must be able to use it correctly.
• The club/group must have a Health and Safety Statement, policy or procedures. (Note: this applies to clubs/groups that own premises. Clubs/groups that do not own premises must confirm that they have seen and operate to the building’s Health and Safety Policy.)
Please note the following in relation to this Scheme:
The maximum grant that can be applied for is €5,000. Groups can apply for one single item totalling €5,000 or a number of items not totalling more than the maximum grant. LWETB’s Purchasing / Tendering Policy 2017 applies to all applications. An Evaluation Template is available for your attention. It is expected that all supporting documentation/quotes etc. will accompany application forms. LWETB will require the submission of all receipts/confirmation of expenditure following allocation of the grant for verification purposes. Site visits and spot checks will also be carried out.
Clubs/groups whose primary focus is sport are not eligible to receive funding under the terms of this scheme.
The closing date for receipt of fully completed application forms to LWETB is 12 noon Friday 20th October 2017.
If you have any queries in relation to any aspect of this please do not hesitate to contact me or Orla Lynch, 044 9394018 email@example.com
Longford and Westmeath ETB
Marlinstown Business Park
Tel: 044 9348389 / 086 3839451