Youthreach is a Department of Education and Skills official education, training and work experience programme for early school leavers aged 15 – 20. It offers young people the opportunity to identify options within adult life, and provides them with opportunities to acquire certification. As it operates on a full-time, year-round basis, Youthreach has a continuous intake policy.
Youthreach is for you if:
- you are between 15-20;
- you have left mainstream school early;
- you want to further your education;
- you are committed to the programme offered;
- you are willing to embrace a challenging and exciting opportunity.
Youthreach looks after the academic and personal needs of the student. The programmes vary from centre to centre and can include QQI certification, Junior Certificate programmes and Leaving Certificate Programmes.
At Youthreach you will:
- Make new friends and become part of a team;
- Improve your self confidence;
- Engage in work experience;
- Join in with the leisure activities of the centre;
- Be part of a caring, non-judgmental, safe and respectful environment;
- Be encouraged to work to the best of your ability with plenty of support
- Be guided towards a career choice that best suits you.
After Youthreach you can:
- go on to further education – such as a Post-Leaving Cert course (PLC);
- apply for apprenticeships;
- confidently enter the world of work
There are four Youthreach centres in LWETB: Ballymahon, Delvin, Kilbeggan and Longford.
Claire Gormley, Co-ordinator
Upper Main Street
Rayon Farrell, Co-ordinator
Midland Gateway Business Park
Seán Ó Súilleabháin, Co-ordinator